(['grandmother', 'wolf', 'woodcutter', 'girl-in-a-red-hood']) 2019-05-15 20:09:49.541908
My latest attempt at an auto generated Bitsy (created using Python).
An abstract reworking of Red Riding Hood.
The autogeneration program is currently set up so that it expects you to enter a few keywords (max 10) eg for characters/players to be included in the Bitsy. From this it works out how many keywords you entered, creates the same number of sprites and gives each sprite one of the keywords as a name. It then generates the item dialogue from a limited set of sentence generators. It generates the colour palette, rooms, room exits, tiles, items, sprites within a set of parameters, and a txt file you can open and copy the game data directly into Bitsy.
PROBLEMS I NEED TO RESOLVE
- Some exits are unreachable in some autogenerated Bitsy rooms
- Some items and sprites are generated on a space occupied by a wall tile, so you aren't shown the text.
THINGS I PLAN TO IMPROVE/DEVELOP
- Simple user input to generate different parts of the Bitsy file or standalone parts eg Maybe you only want 10 rooms generating, and you want them to be populated with 20 of your own tiles and items, rather than the autogenerator creating these parts for you.
- Different palette ranges - it's all a bit muted for my taste at the moment.
- Autogeneration of the Avatar - it's easy to do, I just haven't done it yet. I do like the bunny though!
- Branching dialogue
- Autogenerated random narrative/dialogue without any input at all.
- Nicer looking exits
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.